Yup. It’s true. Homeschooling takes courage.
Whether you’re a seasoned homeschooler or new at this indie learning thing, it’s hard work and filled with second-guesses and uncertainty. After all, the responsibility to educate your kids feels enormous and the landscape changes as often as…well, it changes with the continuously evolving needs of your learners.
It’s also thrilling to ignite sparks of curiosity, creativity, and discovery in your kids. It’s amazing to watch them grow into creative self-starters. This is what delights you, what you look forward to day-to-day, what you cherish. It’s awesome.
Homeschooling takes courage and, just like anything that’s worth doing, it’s not without problems. It’s easy to find yourself puzzling over how to organize your day, how to deliver creative learning experiences, or how to know you’re doing a good job. Plus, with an always shifting landscape, you’ve likely wondered just how to create a homeschooling experience that you and your family will love.
Seems daunting, right? But, it doesn’t have to be.
Through tech inspired practices and an action-oriented framework, you can learn how to:
- Identify, design, and test solutions that work for you and your family—solutions that address your unique circumstances.
- Make good decisions about what to fix and what to let go.
- Start from where you and make things better as you go.
Reduce your anxieties about homeschooling, become more confident, have more ideas, and become a more creative homeschooler.
Courageous Indie: Works in Progress
Courageous Indie is just getting off the ground, so please check back soon for courses on how to:
- Create a custom homeschool approach to fit your time, needs, abilities, and interests
- Develop your teaching skills
- Know if you’re doing a good job and if your children are learning well—whether or not there is a grading system in place
- Grow skills that nurture self-directed learning in your students
- Deliver—or design and deliver—engaging lessons, experiences, and learning environments
- Establish routines to fit you and your learners preferences—even if your preferences for structure and flexibility differ
- And, more!
Better yet, join the Courageous Indie email list to be notified when new courses become available.